Leveraging Innovation Potential even for Products with High Maturity Level
Senior Manager, Head of Processes & External Relations, R&D and Technology, Kemira, Dezember 2009 – Today
- Responsible for the development and implementation of R&D operations and processes globally in Kemira Oyj
- Managing external relations with private and public partners (eg. EU and WBCSD)
- Facilitating global Technology Strategy Workshops across all business segments
- Running project management practice (incl. software development, training, reporting)
- Responsible for implementing Microsoft Enterprise Portfolio Management (EPM) tool in R&D.
- Innovation management (including front-end of innovation process, disruptive innovation analysis, business intelligence, project and portfolio management)
- Participating in developing, launching and managing one of the biggest environmental research program in Finland
- Member of R&D and Technology Management Team
Manager, PricewaterhouseCoopers, April 2008 – Dezember 2009
- Responsible for innovation and technology service operations in Finland
- Advisor to public innovation policy institutes in issues related to the reneval of innovation policy and innovation strategies
- Innovation analysis including open innovation, innovation & downturn, user-driven innovation, changes in innovation processes, high- and low-tech innovations, etc.
- Industry analysis – in-depth analysis of an industry, including firms within an industry sector, to identify current and emerging competitive issues, employment prospects, factors influencing the attraction of new investment, benchmarking on a regional and global basis, etc.
- Regulation and policy evaluation – analysis and assessment of new regulatory, policy and program initiatives
Senior Research Scientist, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, Juni 2000 – März 2008
- Responsible for the development of scientific part of innovation and technology policy research at VTT.
- Research in the field of innovation economics, including studies of industrial research and development, commercialisation- and business-models of innovations, the development of manufacturing technology in the Finland, and studies related to innovation and technology policies. In addition, he has expertise in topics like innovation activities and technological evolution of firms and industries, long-term changes in the nature of R&D-activities of firms and research centres, and also various issues related to patents and human capital.
- Management team member in Joint Institute for Innovation Policy (JIIP)
- Development of innovation management software tool.
PhD Candidate, Lund University, Januar 2001 – Januar 2005
- Doctoral Programme at Department of Economic History.
- Writing and defending PhD thesis "Innovations and Industrial Performance in Finland 1945-1998".